- Alternate UI for Rutgers SOC, or for any other Rutgers API
- Car Pooling App: App to help users make carpooling arrangements.
- Online bboard/messaging service for a particular domain (e.g., students taking a class).
- URL shortener: Similar to, e.g., bit.ly or tinyurl (proof of concept: your URLs will still be under this server, so not really short, but you will have to implement backend, redirects, and possibly frontend widget to make "shortening" easily usable).
- Webpage change tracking: App that allows you to register a few pages, which are monitored, and notifications are sent when they change (note: running scheduled tasks in background on server may require special arrangements).
- "Powered by Flask": list of some apps and sites that (publicly admit they) are using Flask.
- Fruity: Prototype of complete online store, with backend (in Flask and SqlAlchemy), REST API (serving JSON), and frontend (in Angular.js).
- Grub It!: Group event scheduling app, using Twilio APIs to send out SMSes for coordination.
- Cookie: Specialized search and browsing interface for cookie recipies, using the Yummly APIs.